Anyone ready to hop back on the wagon? I will definitely be doing this and hoping that the week or two of withdrawals won’t make me feel too terrible. I sure have had a great holiday binge, but I am feeling tired, bloated, and ready to get my paleo on. Here are some good recipes to get everyone started this week! There’s something for breakfast, lunch, dinner, and snack! All very quick and easy!
Paleo Italian Eggs
Lunch Roll Ups
Lemon Basil Chicken Tenders
What do you make when you’re cold and crabby? Egg Drop Soup! This actually turned out really good! I would like to have had corn in it, but alas that is a grain and not paleo. It’s still great on a cold day.
- 4 cups chicken broth+ 1/4 cup (homemade or organic)
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper OR white pepper (be really careful with the white pepper–a little goes a LONG way and it can get SPICY!)
- sliced mushrooms, peas, or chicken (optional)
- Begin heating the broth over medium heat.
- While the broth is heating, make a slurry with the arrowroot and 1/4 cup reserved broth. Stir one more time right before using.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green onion and sesame oil to the broth.
- Whisk in the slurry.
- Once the broth is steaming, add in the egg by making slow circles with the whisk as you pour them in.
- Add seasoning. Taste as you go as some might like this more salty than others. The white pepper is REALLY good, but VERY strong.
- Add any optional add-ins that you prefer.