What do you make when you’re cold and crabby? Egg Drop Soup! This actually turned out really good! I would like to have had corn in it, but alas that is a grain and not paleo. It’s still great on a cold day.
- 4 cups chicken broth+ 1/4 cup (homemade or organic)
- 1/2 tsp dried ginger
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp sesame oil
- 3 tsp arrowroot powder
- 2 eggs + 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper OR white pepper (be really careful with the white pepper–a little goes a LONG way and it can get SPICY!)
- sliced mushrooms, peas, or chicken (optional)
- Begin heating the broth over medium heat.
- While the broth is heating, make a slurry with the arrowroot and 1/4 cup reserved broth. Stir one more time right before using.
- Add the ginger, garlic, green onion and sesame oil to the broth.
- Whisk in the slurry.
- Once the broth is steaming, add in the egg by making slow circles with the whisk as you pour them in.
- Add seasoning. Taste as you go as some might like this more salty than others. The white pepper is REALLY good, but VERY strong.
- Add any optional add-ins that you prefer.