My dear friend Mel gave me this recipe for Short Ribs. It turned out great, fell off the bone with zero effort, and both of my boys gave it a thumbs up. This is a keeper! You could add some jalapeño to spice it up too!
- 1-2 lbs beef short ribs
- 2 cups beef broth (substitute chicken or
- vegetable broth, or just water)
- 7 oz. can of tomato paste
- 14 oz. can of diced green chiles
- ⅔ cups tomato sauce
- 2-3 teaspoon avocado oil (substitute olive oil)
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- hint of paprika
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Heat up the avocado oil in a skillet and brown the ribs all over.
- In crockpot – add broth and spices (garlic powder, onion powder, paprika) and mix together.
- Place short ribs in crockpot. Pour tomato sauce, tomato paste, and green chiles over the ribs. Add salt and pepper.
- Cover and let cook on Low for 8 hours*, or until the meat is falling off the bone. Yum.