All hail dark meat, skin on chicken! Seriously, this was stupidly simple, and just SOOOOO good. I made them at 11am this morning, and I planned on just saving them to eat at work tonight reheated. When I tasted them, they were so good, that I just stood at the island in my kitchen and downed two of them. The crispy skin is to die for!!!!
I made a sauce for this (lemon caper), but it was just amazing on its own. Talk about easy. Ghee, salt and pepper, and chicken. I probably could work on getting creative with the seasoning, but why? It’s perfect just the way it is!
- 3 Tbsp ghee or other paleo fat (bacon fat, lard, avocado oil, coconut oil…)
- 6 skin-on chicken thighs, deboned
- salt and pepper
- Sprinkle chicken liberally with salt and pepper on BOTH SIDES.
- Heat the fat over medium-high heat
- Cook on skin side first for about 5-7 minutes (more if they are thick thighs).
- Flip and cook for another 5 minutes (more for thick thighs)
- That’s it!!!!