I modified a recipe from another paleo cookbook to make it more to my liking. I threw some at my son and hubby after school before leaving for work today, and they both really loved it. They said it’s definitely a keeper.
I would say to make the apple pieces as big as you would like. I basically diced mine, but they really could’ve been larger and chopped instead. I was able to get the ground chicken from Sprouts, and I find it to be incredibly versatile.
Chicken Patties with Bacon, Apples, and Apple Cherry Sauce
- 1lb ground chicken (not breast meat)
- 4-5 slices uncured bacon
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 large apple, divided in half (cut into either fine or rough chop depending on preferences)
- 1/2 tsp fresh rosemary
- pinch of salt
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crispy, set aside on paper towels, and leave the grease in the pan.
- Add the onion and cook until soft.
- Add the half apple and rosemary and cook until onions are browned.
- Remove the onion mixture to a large bowl with a slotted spoon, and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- Finely chop the bacon into small pieces and add to the bowl.
- Add the ground chicken and salt, and combine with your hands.
- Form into patties about 3/4 inch thick.
- Preheat the bacon fat skillet over medium heat.
- Place chicken patties into the skillet and cook for about 7 minutes on each side.
- Use a thermometer to determine doneness at 165 degrees.