I modified a Korean Beef recipe and wowza was it gooooood! Both of my guys want me to make the exact same thing tomorrow night, and my son was totally bummed that there weren’t leftovers for his lunch tomorrow. He said, “It’s a ’10′”!
This is really a must-try for a quick and easy meal. It could definitely be a crowd pleaser as well. If you’re loose with the white rice, go for it (from a paleo standpoint, it is relatively “safe”), but you can also use cauliflower rice. You will really love it either way. Given the amount of coconut palm sugar, this is not low carb even if you go the cauliflower rice route.
- 1lb ground beef (using grass fed you should use a bit more oil as it has less fat content)
- 1-2 Tbsp paleo approved fat (I used coconut oil)
- 1/3 cup coconut palm sugar
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos
- 1 Tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper (more if you like spice)
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 green onions, thinly chopped
- white rice (not brown rice) or cauliflower rice
In a small bowl, whisk all ingredients except for the meat, fat, and rice. Heat the fat in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the meat and make sure to break it down as much as possible. Once meat is browned, add the liquid and simmer for 2-3 minutes. Serve.