My fellow paleo friend, Megan’s husband made this for her tonight! She considers herself to be a connoisseur of meatloaf, and said that this is the best she’s had! That’s quite an endorsement, and I cannot wait to give it a shot. The original recipe came from Primal Palate, but it was modified a bit. You could also use ground beef or chicken with this as well. The cauliflower mash just makes sense with this dish!
- 1 egg
- coconut oil (for greasing the pan)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1/2 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 1/2 whole green, red, or yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp coconut aminos
- Preheat oven to bake at 375°F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- Lightly grease a loaf pan with coconut oil.
- Pour ground turkey mixture into the loaf pan.
- Evenly distribute the mixture to get a uniform loaf.
- Bake at 375°F for one hour.
- Remove from oven and let rest for 10 minutes.
- Slice, and serve!.