Of course, this doesn’t have the “parmesan”, but it was still REALLY good! Use my crazy easy breadcrumb recipe. You will NOT regret it!!!
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and sliced into 1/4-1/3 inch slices
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups paleo breadcrumbs
- 1 cup organic marinara (check ingredients and look out for canola oil or soybean oil as ingredients)
- 4 fresh basil leaves
- egg (optional to put on top at the end)
- prosciutto (optional to put on top at the end)
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place eggplant slices on parchment and bake for 25 minutes. Allow the slices to cool. Dip in egg and then breadcrumbs. Place eggplant back on the parchment and cook for 7 additional minutes on each side. Warm the marinara over low heat. Garnish with fresh basil, (egg and prosciutto optional for a breakfast dish).