I made these with grass fed ground veal and beef, but you could use all beef if you would like. You can make these in a skillet or in the muffin tins for easy lunches at work.
- 1.5 lbs ground meat (can use all beef or a combination of ground meats)
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 large basil leaves, chopped
- 3/4 cup “breadcrumbs” (these other “breadcrumbs” are another option that takes a bit more prep)
- 1 cup organic pasta sauce (check ingredient list to be sure that there is no sugar or oils that are not paleo)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 egg
- 1 extra jar of pasta sauce
Combine all ingredients (except for the extra jar of pasta sauce) in a bowl and use hands to combine thoroughly. If baking, put into parchment cupcake cups and top with pasta sauce. Cook at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. If cooking in a skillet, place meatballs and extra sauce over medium heat, covered for 30 minutes. This should be simmering after the initial boil is established.
Eat these over kelp noodles, spaghetti squash, or cauliflower couscous.