I have been eating this over lots of veggies this week, and thought that I would reblog for your enjoyment. It is SOOOO good! I also do a variation with the prime rib drippings.
GET READY FOR THANKSGIVING WITH THE BEST GRAVY, EVER!!!!
I would seriously eat this regardless of whether or not I was sticking to Paleo. It was SO good and had a great texture. I will definitely be making this again!
I ate this over leftover roasted chicken. I originally made it to put on my cauliflower mash at thanksgiving. That was AWESOME as well!
This recipe came from holisticsquid.com as a gluten free recipe. I used rendered duck fat (from Whole Foods).
Yields about 2 cups
- ½ cup turkey, chicken or duck fat
- 2 large yellow onions, diced
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 3 cups turkey or chicken stock or broth
- 2 bay leaves
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon minced sage
- 1 tablespoon butter (or ghee), preferably from grass fed cows
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white pepper
- unrefined sea salt
- Turn stove heat on medium high.
View original post 195 more words