I really loved this. It was something light that could serve as either a side dish or lunch. It was a wonderful mix of savory and sweet. I went light on the spices, so if you really like those strong flavors you can add more.
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 3 Tbsp + 2 Tbsp avocado oil (or oil of your choice)
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground caraway (I used my vitamix to grind mine since I did not have ground on hand)
- 3 Tbsp lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- cilantro, basil, or mint for a light garnish
- Let the raisins soak in warm water while preparing the rest of the recipe.
- Cut the cauliflower into large pieces and “rice” in the food processor in batches with the garlic. Do not over process.
- Heat 3 Tbsp of oil in a saute pan.
- Add the cauliflower and cook for about ten minutes, stirring frequently.
- Turn off the heat and add all remaining ingredients, including the raisins. Stir to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with fresh herb of your choice.