The rain has finally come!!!! Now let’s hope it stays around. Time for some soup!
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 small onions, diced
- 4 cloves of garlic, diced
- 2 tsp cumin
- 2 tsp oregano
- 2 Tbsp fresh cilantro
- 2 4oz cans organic green chilis
- 4 cups chicken broth (organic or make your own)
- 1/8 tsp white pepper (more if you like it spicy…be careful, this stuff if STRONG)
- 2 cups shredded chicken (roasted chicken recipe: https://infertilitythouartaheartlessbitch.wordpress.com/2013/10/26/roast-chicken-and-root-vegetables/)
- 1/4 cup coconut milk (optional)
- fresh cilantro for garnish
- avocado for garnish
- sea salt to taste (depending on the saltiness of your broth, you may or may not need this)
- In a skillet, saute the onion and garlic in the coconut oil for about ten minutes or until the onions are translucent.
- Add the chilis, cumin, pepper, oregano, and chopped cilantro to the skillet and saute for 3 more minutes.
- In a large pot, combine chicken broth with contents of the skillet.
- Simmer for 30 minutes, covered.
- Add chicken to the pot and simmer, covered for another 30 minutes.
- Put the soup into individual bowls, add more white pepper to taste (if desired), and garnish with avocado and cilantro.