Since we had dinner guests, my son planned to have ice cream sundaes for dessert. I made a chocolate sauce for them, but my ulterior motive was to make a few of these. I had been picturing them and wanting to make them, but just hadn’t found a good enough excuse. Their desserts were good (they loved the chocolate sauce), and I was really content with my alternative paleo dessert.
Dark Chocolate Sauce Covered Bananas with Almond Butter
- 1.5 bars 1.65 oz Trader Joe’s 72% Dark Chocolate
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp raw organic honey
- 2 Tbsp organic almond butter (make sure that you check the ingredient list for non-paleo ingredients)
- 2 bananas
Use a double boiler to melt the chocolate. Whisk in oil and honey.
- Cut up two bananas into 1/4 inch slices.
- spoon a small bit of almond butter on to the bananas
- drizzle the chocolate sauce over the bananas and almond butter
Enjoy as a snack or dessert!