After my dogs trashed my kitchen (see photo), I refused to accept that this is how my morning was going to go. Nothing says sunshine to me like eggs! I love eggs, and they make me happy. What is better than eggs? Bacon. So here you go. My “on a whim because my dogs ruined my morning” breakfast.
- green onion
- balsamic caramelized onion (1/4 onion diced, tsp bacon grease, tsp balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt–saute together)
- caramelized onion
- bacon (thin sliced uncured)
- prosciutto (make sure that the only ingredients are pork and salt. NO nitrates and nitrites or sugar!)
- green chiles
- sausage crumbles
- tomato slices
- avocado (put these on at the end)
- ham (cubed and be sure to check ingredients)
I used a muffin tin for these, and I would recommend not using the typical thick cut bacon that I love. It won’t get cooked enough before the eggs are overdone.
Do NOT put overlapping pieces of bacon. They will not cook. Cut the bacon in pieces so that you can do kind of a flower design (petals around the edge and a single piece in the middle. You can put your toppings between the meat and egg so that they’re not getting burned.
Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 20 minutes. The yolk will be fully cooked. I have not figured out how to have a runny yolk and cooked bacon. Feel free to problem solve that one for me in the comments section 🙂