I adapted this recipe from paleocupboard.com
– 2 large eggs
– 1 cup pumpkin puree (canned or fresh)
– 1/4 cup grade B maple syrup, warmed (or 1/2 cup if not using Stevia)
– 15 stevia drops (PURE liquid Stevia. Can be found at Trader Joe’s)
– 1/2 cup coconut oil, warmed
– 1 tsp. vanilla extract
– 1 cup blanched almond flour
– 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
– 1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
– 1/2 tsp. sea salt
– 1 tsp. baking powder
TO MAKE THE BARS:
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Combine the eggs, pumpkin puree, maple syrup, stevia, coconut oil and vanilla extract in a medium sized mixing bowl and beat on low with a hand mixer until combined.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the almond flour, arrowroot powder, pumpkin pie spice, sea salt and baking powder and stir with a fork until well combined. Slowly add the almond flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, using the hand mixer on low speed, until well combined.
3. Pour the mixture into the baking pan and set in the preheated oven on the center rack. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until the center it set. Remove and allow to cool completely before serving.