- 1 medium yellow sweet potato
- 4 oz uncured pancetta
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- Peel and thinly slice (with a mandolin is easiest) the sweet potato. Cut the slices down into desired size.
- In a large saute pan, brown the pancetta. Place pancetta on paper towels and set aside.
- In the same pan, brown the onion and sweet potato. (the yellow sweet potato stands up to the head longer than the orange yam/sweet potato, so it can be left longer to brown).
- Put the pancetta back into the pan along with the salt and pepper.
- Serve with eggs.