This was ridiculously simple and was adapted from the “Practical Paleo” cookbook.
- 2 lbs bone in, skin on chicken
- 4 Tbsp butter or ghee, divided
- 2 shallots, sliced (1/2 onion will work as well)
- 2 cups artichoke hearts (frozen, canned…whatever you would prefer) Thaw, drain, and rinse
- 1/4 cup capers
- sea salt and pepper to taste.
Melt 2 Tbsp ghee or butter in an oven-proof saute pan. Cook the scallions until they are translucent. Add the artichokes and capers and stir to combine. Place the chicken in the pan, distribute the remainder of the ghee on top of the chicken, and place in the oven for 35 minutes, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees. There will be extra “juice” in the pan at the end, so it is great served over broccolini or other vegetable.