When the sick child requests paleo banana muffins, the sick mom complies.
- 3 overripe bananas
- 1/4 cup coconut or almond milk
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 or 1 tsp cinnamon (depending on how much you like cinnamon)
- 3 Tbsp raw organic honey, grade B maple syrup, or 15 drops pure stevia
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 cup dairy free, soy free, gluten free chocolate chips (I use Enjoy Life semi sweet mini chips)–this is optional
Preheat oven to 350 degrees and prepare muffin tins with parchment paper cups.
In a bowl, mash bananas and milk. Set aside.
In a separate bowl, combine coconut and almond flours, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon.
In a separate bowl, mix honey, vanilla, and melted coconut oil. Gradually add each egg. Add the apple cider vinegar.
Gradually combine all ingredients (including chocolate chips if you’re using them) starting with the flour and egg mixtures and then moving on to the mashed banana mixture.
Immediately pour into the muffin tins, about 3/4 full.
Bake for 20-25 minutes. Check with a toothpick before removing from the oven.