I have to give credit for this recipe to Paleo’ish On A Dime.
I was intrigued about the idea of using cashew butter instead of coconut or almond flour. I wasn’t sure how in the world these were going to stay together without a different kind of binder. The end result texture is great, though they are very rich. I do not taste any of the pumpkin, so I could see tinkering a bit more with this recipe the next time. My 7yo absolutely LOVED them and said that they’re his favorite yet.
Makes ~16 cookies
- 1 cup cashew butter (you can make your own, but if you buy at the store, be sure that there is no bad oils in them..no canola or vegetable oils, and definitely no added sugar…)
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 1/4 Grade B maple syrup
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/2 cup Enjoy Life Chocolate Chips (found at Target)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Mix all ingredients together with a hand or stand mixer.
- Scoop by spoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet. (I used parchment paper and would still recommending greasing it)
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until centers are set.
- Cool completely before serving.