These were so good, I’m going to have my husband hide them. His one critique would be to use large blueberries (I used the organic wild blueberries, which are much smaller).
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup GRADE B maple syrup (found at Trader Joe’s)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice (with this amt. the lemon flavor is VERY mild. Add more if you would like it to be more potent.) You can omit this completely if you want plain blueberry muffins.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour, sifted
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1 1/4 cups blueberries (I used frozen organic wild blueberries from safeway, but you could easily use fresh. Try to buy organic.)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend eggs, oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and lemon juice together in a large mixing bowl. Sift flour, sea salt, and baking soda and stir. Gently stir in blueberries.
Using parchment cupcake holders (this is best so that they don’t stick), scoop 1/3 cup of the batter into each muffin cup. Bake for 30-35 min or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Enjoy! My son and I both loved these!