This is going to be my next recipe adventure. I will post pics and commentary afterward. Remember that if you’re going to do paleo for insulin resistance issues, you should only be eating about one cookie per day. I’m hoping my son likes them so that I can send one in his lunchbox every day. The maple syrup is still sugar, no matter how pure, therefore it will affect insulin levels the same way that refined sugar would.
- *2 & 2/3 Cups Almond Flour (Not Packed Down)
- *1 Tsp Baking Soda,
- *2 Tsp Pure Vanilla
- *1/2 Cup Pure Maple Syrup. Grade B preferred.
- *3 Packets Stevia -OPTIONAL (is Stevia Paleo? yes. no. maybe?) Practical Paleo says that it is, so I’m going with it. I am going to use stevia extract instead though so it may take some “monkeying” with measurements before I get it right.
- *2 Large Eggs
- *1 & 1/2 Cups Enjoy Life Chocolate Chunks or Chips. I found soy, dairy, and gluten-free mini chips at TARGET! This is what I will be using.
- *1/2 Cup Coconut Oil, Melted.
- 1/4 tsp salt